You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.
That quiet time after work and you are alone at home. That time where you put on your favorite tune, strut to the time of the music, and dust off the day’s weary. That time when you have the solitude to sway and transform into an new man. Put on your powdered rouge, put on your suede shoes, put on the accoutrements you need to say I am here. Soon, my friends, soon it will be showtime.
The anchor is the best part of west coast swing. It’s like the top of the first hill in a roller coaster ride. A pregnant pause. A breath of anticipation for what is to come.
12 Count Observations
Observations while working on the 12 count:
- Integration with improved posture resulting in improved space and stability in the ribcage. Imagine ribcage like an open umbrella.
- Scapula are spatially stable; it glides and skims over a thin layer of oil while the ribcage rotates underneath.
- Improving awareness of the sacroiliac joint and integration of the pelvic bone rhythms.
- The tailbone provides the stable point to work the spiral grounding of the standing axis; also providing a stable point for alignment change.
- Be aware of body parts locking up while thinking/focusing on technique.
- When the skull sits properly on the atas, it causes the head to piston upwards.
- The quadriceps and hamstrings need to work together in a balanced maner. Hamstrings allow the leg to reach for the floor while your spine reaches towards the sky.
Walking is how I chop wood and carry water.
The two things I want
- An embrace anyone can melt into.
- A walk that as smooth as St. George’s Spirits.
I’ve grown accustomed to this ordinary life which I live. I reject it.
Today I woke up to another glorious day on the seas. I never set an alarm. I prefer to wait for the warm rays of the sun to entice me to the waking world. With fresh eyes, a fresh mind, a fresh body I gather myself. How far has this boat drifted while I’ve been asleep?
To think that 4 weeks ago I was reeling from my decent from one astral plane to another. Is that not a short time to forget? To fall asleep? How powerfully hypnotic are these seas! Already the sands of time have erased these thoughts, these feelings. Buried as memories, they wait to haunt me when I decide to go digging again. For lost treasure.